[atlarge-discuss] Guess My Vote Won't Be Counted...

Folks -

   ...we have language difficulties, already!

 -------------------------

On Sun, 25 May 2003 atlarge@execlub.org wrote:

> ICANNATLARGE.ORG ELECTION - VOTING...
> Please ReplyTo without copy (your mail would be deleted).
> Only your first response counts. End of the voted Sunday
> June 1st 00:00 GMT.

For what it's worth:

 copy - noun

   4. The words to be printed or spoken...
   5. Suitable source material...

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language,
Third Edition Copyright 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

So, I dutifully removed all "copy" except for the ballot, made my choices,
and sent my ballot off - with a Cc: to myself AS I ALWAYS DO with ALL
eMail I send - check the archives if you want, that is what I do.

Then what do I receive, the auto-responder's message - and what did it
include:
   BEGINQUOTE-
your mail/vote has been received by the atlarge@execlub.org system. It
will be process if it has no other destinee.
   ENDQUOTE-

Well why the [expletive deleted] did you not say that to begin with!?!

And, since "Only your first response counts," I cannot correct the error
caused by our "language difficulties" - [another expletive deleted]!

"Copy" is copy - and "no other destinee" is just what IT means!!!

Now I realize, you DID NOT MEAN "without copy," you meant - without A copy
OF YOUR REPLY BEING SENT TO ANYONE ELSE.

    YACOED [Yet Another Couple Of Expletives Deleted]

And we are going to correct our "language difficulties," so my vote can be
counted, how...?

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---