[atlarge-discuss] Now I Understand Better...

   ...why some of us have "lost our cool" of late

Folks -

I am trying to keep calm - but if mouths are gonna sound off with half
truths and misdirection - I will respond.

So, with that said:

On Sun, 25 May 2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

> On 14:03 25/05/03, Walter Schmidt said:

> >Now I realize, you DID NOT MEAN "without copy," you meant - without A copy
> >OF YOUR REPLY BEING SENT TO ANYONE ELSE.
>
> For a message the copies are the other destinees. This includes the
> other "to" and the carbon and the blind carbon _copies_.

Ah, an English lesson...and an implication that I also need a lesson in
rudimentary eMail taxonomy!

We all know "that about Ccs and Bccs" - but what apparently was missed is
that without-copy is idiomatic and I thought you meant what you said.
Having been a watchdog in past I know the difficulty of extracting valid
ballots from accompanying chaff - so I had thought you were saying send us
the ballot and remove any non-ballot copy.

> For a message the copies are the other destinees. This includes the
> other "to" and the carbon and the blind carbon _copies_.

Okay - but let us looking at what was FIRST written, that is "without
copy." - not: - without A copy or  - without ANY copIES or - without
copIES.

> Your vote will be counted if you send it back and it goes through. The
> first to be counted is the first we receive. Thank you. jfc

It will? Why is that??? The words used with the ballot state otherwise:
"Only your first response counts" My first vote was trashed by the system,
which means it was processed by the system - any following vote is no
longer first.

> Your vote will be counted if you send it back and it goes through.

But since you know it won't go through, you've made a true statement to
sound as if this problem is resolved, but that means nothing as to my vote
counting.

AND I KNOW the system COUNTED my ballot and THEN trashed it because I did
resend it without ANY copIES going to any other destinees, and the
autoresponder did NOT acknowledge the second vote!!!!!

> PS. you quote 4/5 meanings for "copy" - interested in having 1 to N
> meanings. Nothing about e-mail?

I left the definition "numbers" as-listed because that's what they were.
You want to talk about what was or was not done...fine

It is quite clear to me, also, that the ballot was not properly
proof-read, with the addtional (to the above) result that in several
places the wording used can be misunderstood or is bias.

Why I am doubly annoyed by this - I had concerns before the ballot was
sent (a week before), voiced my concerns (see following), and was ignored.
Had my suggestions been acted upon...

So, I ask again, how are we going to resolve this so my vote is counted?

   BEGINQUOTE-