RE: [atlarge-discuss] Watchdog members

Joanna,
you certainly have hard time understanding that in this election the watchdogs are not to watch the ballots but to watch me. And that all the members will watch the ballots. This is mandatory because it is not acceptable that a non elected watchdog knows the votes. IDs have nothing to do with it.

Let assume Esther Dyson had said she wanted to be a watchdog. In the way we chose we had no problem. In the way you did not proposed, orgnized and run we would have had a big problem, don't you think? Unless she had been elected knowing her would have served to nothing.

BTW I find odd that someone who volunteers to perform something acoording to an invitation, starts first to object to the invitation terms and wants to run his/her own show. We happen to want to be in democracy. There are members and these members are just voting now. There voice will count in their organization. May be it will be not yours and not mine. But it will be their organization, believe me, and I wish them the best.

Again, let be frank; I do love Bruce's "lead, follow or get off".
jfc