Re: [atlarge-discuss] Call for Membership to define role of new panel

At 04:59 a.m. 29/05/2003, Richard Henderson wrote:
I suggest we wait and see the outcome of this election, and then poll the
membership to

(a) verify their acceptance of the published results
(b) state whether they want to set limits on the period-in-office of the new
panel (to 3 months/6 months/9 months etc)
(c) determine whether the membership is happy with the electoral outcome, or
whether they want to limit the size of the panel (to 5 members/7 members
etc)
(d) define the mandate and objectives for the new panel (creating an
electoral commission/ broader mandate)
This is the most sensible way to deal with the current impasse. It is better than withdrawing our candidacy; better than trying to make Jefsey or Bruce listen to reason.

One problem, though. Don't we need to give the "ringers", if such are there, some time to reveal themselves as such to the voters by their actions?

An immediate request for endorsement of the election results is likely to produce it. And then the members are stuck with them for whatever term of office they are granted.

-joop-