RE: [atlarge-discuss] ELECTION REPORT

At 06:19 a.m. 29/05/2003, Abel Wisman wrote:

Now lets assume that those numbers all match, we now receive the tallies
from the watchdogs or a report that the tallies we received from anyone
are in agreement with their findings.
Thus ends a turbulent period.

This could all be achieved by a simple "catch-all<>send-all) record in
sendmail/aliases and a simple perl script but this "handmade stuff" with
a lot of accountiblity along the road and a lot of room for errors for
fraud does have its charm and more or less reduces the risk of one man
influencing the vote to a very small number.
There is one aspect of Jefsey's method that its critics are forgetting.
The "official list" is a list not cleaned of bouncing addresses.

It is a large number of bounces that come back to Jefsey, complete with their voters' ID.

These bounces need to come back to the watchdogs as well, so that they can verify that there votes are not being "used".

FWIW, I have full confidence in the integrity of Norbert Klein. I hope he will get the chance to fulfill the watchdog role.

In the meantime, as long as *the* watchdogs have not publicly accepted their role, I think this whole list is full of watchdogs.

-joop-