Re: [atlarge-discuss] PANEL ELECTION - DAILY STATUS

On 2003-05-30 06:10:04 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Thomas, please comment on the "Claude Thielet" matter.  I'm sure
> the membership would love to hear your take on it.

My take on this is that I can't tell what this is -- according to
Google, he's been on the DNSO's voting roster in early 2002, but
that doesn't mean much.  Either an elderly fake, or a real person.

In any event, probably not worth bothering.  This entire thing is so
close to a complete trainwreck that I'd strongly suggest to just
wait for the result of the election, and hope that it turns up a
panel which does some credible work. (Yes, I'm an optimist.)

Concerning the integrity of the elections, while there are quite a
few possible flaws, I do believe that it's at least possible to make
sure that the votes cast are counted correctly.

On 2003-05-30 06:12:03 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Wel, nobody said you were going to have to provide the hosting
> forever.

There's no problem whatsoever to continue maintaining these lists,
both the (currently unused) panel list and the -discuss list (101
members), and I don't see any reason to discontinue them at this
point.  (Although they are not productive.)

> I am ready and willing to take over.

... said Stalin to Trotzki?

--
Thomas Roessler				<roessler@does-not-exist.org>