Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Committee

Sotiris:

You wrote:
> I think it's clear that the members prefer that a Panelist chairs the
> Committee and the members can vote in the members.

It is certainly NOT clear that the members prefer that a Panelist chairs any
committee or that the member (Panelist) can vote in the members(?).
No-where, and at no-time did I see any single member say any such thing.
You are the only person to even suggest it... and you do not make up the
totality of the membership.  At least not yet.

Please understand that Administering the secretariat does not give you the
right to appoint the Chairman of the Board.  Administering committee work
does not give you the right to appoint a committee chairperson or to mandate
that it be a Panelist.

Just because you say it (repeatedly), does not make it so.

Sotiris:  you came in last in this race.  Your repeated declarations that
you know exactly what the membership wants (although often in direct
conflict with the recent vote tally) implies that you are about to take
control of the Panel.  We all need your enthusiasm and drive.  What we do
not need is you making up the rules as you go along and declaring them to be
facts. You are not yet voted chairman of the Panel, you are not yet voted
the administrator of any committee (even though you tried to self-elect to
that position), and you are certainly not voted into the chair of any
committee by mandate of the membership. There are those of us who will
strongly support your work on the Panel but who will work diligently to
prevent you from capturing it.

Ron Sherwood