From: "Sotiris Sotiropoulos" <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com>
To: <sherwood@islands.vi>
Cc: <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com>; <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] definition of 'administer'

Sotiris:

Thank you for the definition. I can see where it covers everything that
I suggested it might mean, but I can't seem to find the part where it
says "arbitrarily appoint a chairman of a separate committee without
any input from the committee or the membership of the organization"

Nobody's appointing anyone arbitrarily. I stepped up like Joey Borda
apparently did. Simple really. A job needs to get done, so I'm doing it.
Until there is an established agreed upon process, and since nobody else
volunteered, why do you have such a problem with it? You didn't seem to
have a problem with Joey's sel-appointment (and he wasn't even elected for
anything). Why are you being a hypocrite, now?

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos

-----------

"The science of jurisprudence regards the state and power as the
ancients regarded fire- namely, as something existing absolutely.
But for history, the state and power are merely phenomena, just as for
modern physics fire is not an element but a phenomenon.

From this fundamental difference between the view held by history
and that held by jurisprudence, it follows that jurisprudence can tell
minutely how in its opinion power should be constituted and what
power- existing immutably outside time- is, but to history's questions
about the meaning of the mutations of power in time it can answer
nothing."
				     --Leo Tolstoy, "War and Peace"