Re: [atlarge-discuss] ICANNAtlarge trademark infringement (was LET'S GET GOING: Determining a Chair forthePanel)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:03:52 -0500, "Jeff Holt" <jefftttt@txucom.net>
wrote:

>@Large and Joanna,
>
>It is still premature to worry the Panelists about liability issues
>which would not necessarily apply to them in any case.  As "Panelists",
>they are not formally "Board of Directors" nor "Officers" of a
>corporation and held liable, since we are not yet even incorporated.
>Once that incorporation does take place, at that time elected officials
>could conceivably have some liability exposure, but with a
>not-for-profit organization that could be arguable.

I'm not sure about US law, but in NZ a unincorporated organisation has
much greater liability exposure as the members are responsible for all
debts of the organisation.  Once you are incorporated then the members
have limited liability.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com