Re: [atlarge-discuss] Pay Pal - More updated scam/fraud info Was:Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership fees

The Inquirer article that James Khan posted a link to is not evidence of any Paypal misdealings. Individuals NOT affiliated with Paypal are trying to defraud people with Paypal accounts out of money by sending them an email that resembles a Paypal email which asks them to enter credit card information. But, all Paypal users who've read the repeated warnings from paypal are well aware that Paypal does not send out emails requesting your credit card info. If somebody gets scammed by this ploy, it's not Paypal who is behind it. Cut the FUD. Why don't you do like Hugh challenged and put your "money" where your mouth is, open a verified paypal account without a credit card! That's one trick I'd like to see.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos
Jeff Williams wrote:

James and all fellow members or other interested parties,

Thank you James for providing this interesting article with
an appropriate warning. I would also like to thank the
Staff Reporter whomever that may be, for this timely
and important warning as well. Well Done again James!
And Well done indeed theinquirer.net!

I think and hope this underscores the lack of sufficient
evidence that Pay Pal is a sufficient or useful tool for
this fledgling organization to be using for anything!
I also Hope that Sotiris again gets the message and
of course meaning.

Jkhan wrote:

Ok,

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9739