Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Michael and all fellow members,

  Whom appointed Sotiris or anyone to the "Job" that you seem to
believe Sotiris is supposedly doing?  You perhaps Micheal?  Or
someone else perhaps?  Or did Sotiris appoint himself?  Whichever,
without the expressed approval of the members by vote Sotiris
is only volunteering, and has no real authority what so ever.  Neither
do you Michale.

Micheal Sherrill wrote:

> Hello Ron:
>
> I did not receive any information prior to the report by Sotiris.  In any case, the Verification Committee needs to make all transactions public.  Sotiris is only doing his job.
>
> Besides, you are missing the point.  Verification information has to be made public or it is not transparent.  Now, I am NOT talking about the private information that could be used for draining a personal bank account.  But, Joey did publish a rather large amount of personal information to this site earlier.
>
> I also disagree with your last sentence.  Without a Verification Committee nothing would get done.  And all verifications need to be public.
>
> Regards,
>
> Micheal Sherrill

> From: "Ron Sherwood" <sherwood@islands.vi>
> Date:  Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:10:04 -0400
>
> Hello, Michael:
>
> The only correspondence that I have received from Sotiris is what I read on
> the public list.  I do not think that private information should be listed
> publicly. As a committee member, I formally object to that action and ask
> that it not happen again.
>
> If you received this information prior to it being published, and agreed to
> go public with it, then you are as accountable as Sotiris. I received
> nothing other than what was published to the list.
>
> It is the job of a verification committee to confirm (or not) the identity
> of an individual and to report their findings to the Panel and the
> membership. If the whole process is to take place in public... we don't need
> a verification committee.
>
> Best regards, Ron

    Pierre Abelard