[atlarge-discuss] apology required

Ron wrote:
> Well, Joanna as long as we have people like you who are prepared to make
> your written claim that you will commit that type of Postal
> fraud,

Your spin is so far out of line here I could sue you for libel. I have not
and do not and never will commit any kind of US postal fraud, neither have I
advocated any such thing. Obviously, you cannot read straight. I was simply
making the point that anyone can send a letter in any name to any PO Box and
it will be delivered. I specifically said NOT a registered letter and for
your information, as Joey has confirmed, the US postal service does NOT
always check ID before handing over a special delivery, indeed it is my
experience that they rarely do, in much the same way they do not in England,
although at least there they check the person is known at the address and
obtain a signature from whoever accepts the letter.

You also wrote:

If you are going to use the
> argument that everyone in the world is as dishonest as you claim to be,
> there are very few verification systems that can't be cheated.

To twist this debate into a completely false allegation that anyone who
exposes a weakness in the system is themselves dishonest, is not very smart
thing to do. Your statement is ridiculous. That's like my saying that you
are a burglar simply because you told your neighbor he should get some
better security installed. If one is discussing ways in which to verify the
membership, then one has to debate ways in which those who want to beat the
system can do so.

So you can apologies immediately for your false allegations and if you do
not do so within 24 hours of this letter posting to the public list, then I
will no longer work with you and will be filtering your mail directly to the
trash and not read another word you say.

Joanna