Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Motion to put Jonathan Robin on Panel is illegitimate?

At 01:44 PM 7/23/2003 +0100, Richard Henderson wrote, in part:

What I *do* think this affair raises is the question: "How much freedom does
the Panel have to eject representatives of the members, without the sanction
and confirmation of the membership?"

Behind this is the principle I have been arguing all along, that final
authority for any decision of this organisation should and must rest with
the membership, so that in situations where the membership wishes to express
a direction or viewpoint, there is a mechanism and *constitutional
authority* for the membership to assert its will ... and *not* just at the
next elections, which - in a case like this - would clearly be too late.
I am in 100% agreement with above paragraph, and, like Richard, fully, unequivocally committed to our constitution and/or charter and/or bylaws making provision in every possible instance for such mechanisms and authority.

/s/ Joey

Wednesday, July 23, 2003 * 12:50 PM EDT USA