[FYI] Direkt Marekteers vs. private Filterlisten

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/index.asp?NewsID=127&HI_election=HarrisInteractive

Harris ist ein Spammer und im MAPS gelandet. Das finden die nicht gut.
Sie argumentieren

-----
The current Harris Interactive situation is a perfect
example of why the government, and not self-appointed
private groups, must create the rules which govern
Internet communications. Essentially, Mail Abuse Prevention
System, LLC (MAPS), and other like groups, are permitted,
without any due process of law or even a fair process,
to restrict companies’ rights to conduct legitimate business
over the Internet. These restrictions are based on complaints
that may be economically motivated by our competitors. In
our case, MAPS decided to apply a standard to us that it
does not apply consistently to the ISP’s from which we believe,
they derive their income. As our case will show, both Hotmail
and Netscape use passive opt-in procedures identical to ours,
and identical to the standards used by countless other Internet
firms, including many of the largest firms which use the
Internet for commerce. To our knowledge, MAPS has not engaged
any of its member firms in a similar action.
-----

Das ist natürlich dieselbe Argumentation, die bei Filterlisten
von NetNanny und Freunden anzuwenden ist.

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE AG Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel
Tel: +49 431 386 436 00, Fax: +49 431 386 435 99