Re: [ICANN-EU] Revised version of "Things to Ask for at MDR"

Jeanette and all,

  Agreed Jeanette.  I believe that Alf also seems to think that postponing
"Controversial decisions" is wise as well.  We [INEGroup] and especially
our European and US members strongly disagree with Alf and Alexander
as do you.

  Of course as such, I don't believe that Alf or Alexander's position
or opinion meets Alf's definition of "Rough Consensus" pontificated
in some posts a few weeks ago on this list.

Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> > On 2000-11-09 12:07:42 +0100, Alexander Svensson wrote:
> >
> > > @ Jeanette and Thomas: Does "postpone controversial decisions"
> > > include the decision about new TLDs?
>
> Of course, it does!
> In my view, "controversial" should not be restricted to controversies among
> board members. It includes pending decisions contested among the SOs
> and/or the at large membership.
> Otherwise we would assume that the board members indeed mirror the variety
> of ICANN's stakeholders opinions. I don't think that this is the case ;-)
>
> jeanette
>
> > I do not know what individual directors, and the directors-elect
> > think about the individual applications.
> >
> > If the current board would come to a decision to which the
> > directors-elect can't commit, we have a legitimation problem which
> > may further pollute the atmosphere, and the decision should be
> > postponed.
> >
> > If, however, the directors-elect (or a clear majority of them) agree
> > with the current board's decision, there is no real legitimacy gap
> > occuring, and no reason to postpone the decision.
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#