Re: [ICANN-EU] UDRP

Dear Marc:

>If you become repetitive, I have to follow you: Courts are too expensive
>(well the lawyers one must have to file) for many small business owners or
>ordinary people. The time UDRP gives to file is too short too raise funds,
>unless you are big.

        I think UDRP is a positive alternative to a law suit. Period
        This forum is not intend to argue about our legal system, is it?
        Ever heard of something called legal aide?

> Tell me more!

        As soon as usage turns out to be the measurement for a domain.

>From your ICANN web page:

>"Professionally I am dealing with intellectual property (trademarks and
>patents). Thus, I bring first hand business expertise and practical
>knowledge about these issues into the ICANN board."

>Unless you have defended a number of so-called cybersquatters (so called
>by those who want their property), I would say you defend the interests of
>the IP and TM lobby. Althoug IP and TM are not in itself a main threat to
>freedom of speech and information, in actual day-to-day situations they
>are too often.

        I am not a lawyer! As you quoted correctly I am bringing business
expertise.
         Our clients include patent owners and those are mostly "one man
shows" and
        small companies. We find licensees for them.

        I don't defend or lobby for any industry. I just respect
intellectual property.

        And in case you overread it earlier:

        If a domain is transfered, in my opinion, there should be a
reimbursement!

>I am not sure we have the same goal. Initially I thought we had. I now
>doubt we do. I stand for equal rights for all on the internet, not based
>on the power of money. And above all for freedom. What do you stand for?

        "Equal rights" and "freedom" are platitudes everybody has to sign on
to.
        I refered to representing all users, not just the so called
"cyber-squatters".
        These are no modern Robin Hoods or David fighting Goliath. They are
        relatively small group of BUSINESS people getting a lot of media
coverage and
        attention.
        While the majority of plain users is mostly unnoticed. And that is
whom I want to
        represent.

        And you??

Best regards and have a nice week,