Re: [ICANN-EU] ICANN MEMBERS' FORUM: Los Angeles, Nov. 12

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Hans Klein wrote:

>              Announcement -- Please Forward
>
>   =======================================================
>
>                   ICANN MEMBERS' FORUM
>
>                   Sunday, November 12, 8 AM
>        Marina Beach Marriott Hotel, Marina del Rey
>
>        http://www.CivSoc.org/At-Large_Meeting.html
>   =======================================================
>
> This forum will bring together ICANN members and newly-elected Directors in
> a process of self-organization.  Currently the At Large Membership consists
> of some 158,000 anonymous individuals and 5 elected At Large Directors.
> Recognized leaders from among the members will work together to create a
> more enduring organization that gives members a voice in ICANN.

Am I in a bad mood, or does this sound very ICANNesk: "recognized
leaders", claiming recognition by "anonymous individuals" (half of
whom never fully immatriculated as member, and of whom they will
hardly know even 1%) are going to "create" something "enduring", to
wit a "self-organization"?

Can those who have no PIN also attend, provided they can afford to fly
to California? How do you tell who is a member and who not?

Truly an ICANNesk bottom-up process of concensus. Keep the tradition
going.

--
Marc Schneiders