Re: [ICANN-EU] ICANN MEMBERS' FORUM: Los Angeles, Nov. 12

Roberto,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Marc,
> >
> >Am I in a bad mood, or does this sound very ICANNesk: "recognized
> >leaders", claiming recognition by "anonymous individuals" (half of
> >whom never fully immatriculated as member, and of whom they will
> >hardly know even 1%) are going to "create" something "enduring", to
> >wit a "self-organization"?
> >
> >Can those who have no PIN also attend, provided they can afford to fly
> >to California? How do you tell who is a member and who not?
> >
> >Truly an ICANNesk bottom-up process of concensus. Keep the tradition
> >going.
>

> FYI, Hans is one of the people who is trying to help in building a bottom-up
> process. That's why he is organizing this fully open meeting.

Yes, I understood that much :-) Received the message 6 or 7 times, so
it must get across.

> BTW, there's nothing wrong in using ICANNesk language at ICANN meetings ;>)

I am not sure I agree about that. I am sure I begin to dislike more
and more claims of concensus and suggestions of representing people
who are invisible and can neither endorse nor disclaim those claims
and suggestions.

--
Marc Schneiders

"In re tam iusta nulla est deliberatio."
(Acta SS. Mart. Scillitanorum [AD 202])