[ICANN-EU] Re: Short report on the NC meeting Oct 19

At 09:35 20/10/00, you wrote:
Short report to the BC on highlights of the Names Council teleconference yesterday (Oct 19) 2000. The official report will be made available as usual shortly.
<snip>
6. Katoh and Nii - the new at large directors will attend the NC meeting in LA as NC members and take their ICANN Board positions at the END of the LA ICANN Board meeting.

What does that mean?

If Katoh and Nil take their ICANN Board position at the END of the LA ICANN Board meeting, it means:
-  Karl's and Andy's positions will be at odds. There will certainly be voices to say that ALL the Directors will take their position at the END of the meeting.
-  if not @large will NOT be represented at the LA meeting.
This plainly shows that  Katoh and Nil have actually not resigned from their NC positions and are playing on the two faces of the coin.

I feel this is a very strange behaviour calling for an immedaite review by the existing @large ML and bodies/conferences under set-up.
-  a complaint could be filed with the ICANN as the interests of @large are not properly represented
-  a motion calling for the immediate resignation from either the NC or the BoD by Nil and Katoh.

This could be construed as a trend to show that since most of the @large Directors elect are the NomCom candidates the study will have to show that we can avoid the @alrge election (which resulted in non representative elections in Europe and in NA) and the next @large Directors can be selected  by the NomCom.  The first demonstration of that being the change in the by-laws for the next 4 @large Directors will be elected in 2002, making an interim board to stay for quite a long.

I wish to have your comments and I will update the action points accordingly.
Jefsey