Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: Short report on the NC meeting Oct 19

Before I comment on the contents of this message, a more general
note on forwards: When forwarding messages from one source or
mailing list to another, please try to include information on where
the message originally came from, and where it was originally
posted.  Including the original From, To, and CC headers is usually
sufficient for this purpose.  "You wrote" doesn't help, however.

A lot of mailing lists are around, so attributions are highly
important for readers to be able to assess the reliability and
credibility of the information forwarded.

If you absolutely don't want to tell about your sources, you can
still start with "someone wrote" or something like that.

Jefsey Morfin forwarded an anonymous message from some obscure
source:

>>Short report to the BC on highlights of the Names Council
>>teleconference yesterday (Oct 19) 2000. The official report will
>>be made available as usual shortly.

>>6. Katoh and Nii - the new at large directors will attend the NC
>>meeting in LA as NC members and take their ICANN Board positions
>>at the END of the LA ICANN Board meeting.

> What does that mean?

It means that you should really read the bylaws.

Article II, section 2:

	Five persons shall be nominated and selected by no later
	than November 1, 2000, to become "At Large" Directors
	according to a selection plan adopted by the Board.  They
	shall be seated at the CONCLUSION of the Annual Meeting of
	the Corporation in 2000.

(Emphasis is mine.)

You should have panicked in July, when that part of the bylaws was
last revised.  Now, it's too late.

--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>