Re: [ICANN-EU] The @wide disemination of @large organizations

On 2000-11-03 18:07:33 +0100, Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> My question is how do we do to get a significant part of them
> involved in the @large process, both for the ICANN and all the
> other governance activities. And if possible every of them.

Sorry, Jefsey, but I don't think this goal makes any sense at all.

Just look at this mailing list: There are about 200 subscribers, but
very few of them are contributing actively.  And even those who have
the time to try to follow ICANN's developments are far less than
those who registered, or voted, in the At Large elections.

What we can and should ask for instead is to get all interested
parties involved, and to create inexpensive and functional input
channels which can be used to communicate arguments to ICANN's
decision-making level.

>      - maintain useful tools : example the
>	icann-large-director@egroups.com list to simplify the
>	sending of motion to the @large directors

Since we don't even know which directors are subscribed to that
list, and who has left, this list is close to useless.  If I had to
address the directors, I'd most likely just CC them.  BTW, have there
been any messages to that list?  If so, from how many different
individuals?

--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>