Re: [ICANN-EU] The @wide disemination of @large organizations

Thomas and all,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2000-11-03 18:07:33 +0100, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>
> > My question is how do we do to get a significant part of them
> > involved in the @large process, both for the ICANN and all the
> > other governance activities. And if possible every of them.
>
> Sorry, Jefsey, but I don't think this goal makes any sense at all.
>
> Just look at this mailing list: There are about 200 subscribers, but
> very few of them are contributing actively.  And even those who have
> the time to try to follow ICANN's developments are far less than
> those who registered, or voted, in the At Large elections.

  It is true that far less of those that registered or voted in the
@large elections are contributing.  However that is not a good
indicator that this list is useless in any way.  Many folks just don't
have anything to contribute or are only interested in following
along so as to be informed when they can vote if they are @large
members and have gotten their PIN #'s.

> What we can and should ask for instead is to get all interested
> parties involved, and to create inexpensive and functional input
> channels which can be used to communicate arguments to ICANN's
> decision-making level.

  ICANN has a mailing list for this already.  Why create another one?

> >      - maintain useful tools : example the
> >       icann-large-director@egroups.com list to simplify the
> >       sending of motion to the @large directors
>
> Since we don't even know which directors are subscribed to that
> list, and who has left, this list is close to useless.  If I had to
> address the directors, I'd most likely just CC them.  BTW, have there
> been any messages to that list?  If so, from how many different
> individuals?

egroups.com ML's are traps for spam IMHO.  Every time I post to
one of them I get at least three advertisements to sell me something.

> --
> Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#