Re: [ICANN-EU] Things to Ask for at MDR

[Please restrict any answers to icann-europe@fitug.de.  Thanks.]

On 2000-11-07 22:25:38 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:

>     The board should no longer be permitted to change the bylaws
>     by simple resolution. Require consent from (or at least give
>     veto right to) SOs and At Large Members / At Large Council.
>
>   This one of our original ideas that we submitted to the than
> ICANn Interim board.  I also think you mean here ALL of the At
> Large Members, don't you?

No, I don't.  Asking for consent from all "at large members" is only
remotely reasonable if, by "at large members", you mean the "At
Large" members of the board of directors.  I was rather thinking
about creating a process which can be used by individuals or groups
of individuals to challange bylaw changes, and possibly create a
veto by means of polling, or (much better) through a representative,
elected body.

--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>