Re: [icann-eu] At Large Study web site, members

Mike and all,

Mike Roberts wrote:

> Everybody -
>
> Let's now concentrate on participating in the study, which is being
> conducted independently of ICANN and its staff.

  Sorry Mike, but I am not buying this statement.  How come
Esther Dyson, exchairman of ICANN is on this "Independent"
group?  How come several ex-gTLD-MoU folks are on this
Independent Group?

  So I would like it allot better if you would stop you "Snow-Job"
of these good people and any other stakeholder.  It is an inappropriate
thing to do, and is not consistent with honesty.

>  Andrew and Louis and
> I aren't going to make any pronouncements about the study or the
> future of At Large.   Everyone who registered for last year's
> election has either already received in the last day or so an email
> message directing them to the study website and mail lists, or
> shortly will if the email address they provided last year is still
> valid.  Last year's election was a limited success.  We all learned a
> lot - both what to do and what not to do.  Everything the ICANN staff
> learned has been turned over to the study committee.  The future of
> At Large now lies in their (and your) hands, and will be reflected in
> the recommendations that are made to the ICANN Board next summer and
> fall in the study report.
>
> See <http://www.atlargestudy.org/>
>
> - Mike
>
> At 15:56 +0100 3/1/01, patrick.mayer@gmx.de wrote:
> >Hi Christian & all,
> >
> >>  Perhaps some are not aware: Nobody who registered to be a
> >>  member, still is a member. Membership in ICANN simply expired,
> >>  but the ALMs did not even get a notice. The implications remain
> >>  unclear. It is also not clear when ICANN will accept new members
> >>  again.
> >
> >Andrew McLaughlin said so in Zurich
> >
> >    http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/jk-04.02.01-002/default.shtml
> >    (in German!)
> >
> >I also heard that in the meantime, he said membership would be "sleeping".
> >
> >Anyway, I still miss any official page saying so. Do you have an URL ready
> >for that claim?
> >
> >Kind regards,
> >

> >Patrick
> >

> >--
> >Rechtsanwalt Dr. Patrick Mayer   patrick.mayer@gmx.de
> >Informationen zum Medienrecht: http://www.artikel5.de

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827