Re: [icann-eu] At Large Study web site, members

Everyone with any grip on reality knows that there is a sort of ICANN
'loyal opposition'.  These are people who think that your management of
the entity has been a PR and practical disaster.  These are people who
voted for Karl and Andy instead of the candidates nominated by ICANN's
hand-picked Nominating Committee.

Everyone involved in ICANN could easily name a number of such people.
Since they can elect candidates they obviously have at least some
substantial support. They tend to be the strongest belivers in the
At-Large concept as originally endorsed by ICANN in its agreement with
the U.S. government.  In your opinion, is there a single one of these
people on the Bildt committee?  If so, who?  If not, why?

When I look at the list, I see people from the ICANN establishment (e.g.
former Board members) and/or the gTLD-MoU, and I see distinguished
neutrals. I don't see a single solitary representative of the internal
opposition, not to mention the people who got disgusted with the process
and left it. To me, it is as if the state of Florida convened a committee
on electoral reform and named a bunch of honest Republicans, distinguished
Independents, and no Democrats.

Your personal attacks on the people who dare to stand up to you (starting
with your famous "arrogant juveniles" remark and continuing unabated to
the present day), well illustrates the depth of the problems ICANN faces.

Incidentally, no one, not even 'U.S. liberals,' should need your
permission to participate in ICANN.  Even if this makes life tougher for
businesses.