Re: [icann-eu] At Large Study web site, members

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:55:06 -0800, you wrote:

>Hans - this sort of foolishness is just going to confirm the total
>irrelevancy of your efforts in the minds of the people willing to
>give the U.S. liberals another chance to participate effectively in
>At Large.

Dear Mr. Roberts,

I am not an "US liberal". In fact, I'm not American - I'm Italian and
I'm not a member of any political party. But I am a member of the ICC.

I went to Los Angeles on my own, because I believe in the bottom-up
organization of the Internet and in the ideal that "the Internet is
for everyone" and especially for people, and not just for businesses -
even if I am a manager for an international dot-com company. And I
personally find it hurting that you reduce an international issue into
a matter of local (US) politics.

I don't know if you believe in this ideal, or in any other ideal.
But I am sure that Mr. Bildt does have ideals. Nevertheless, if the
news about him not coming to Melbourne is true, I wonder how much
interest he in fact has in this particular issue. I also wonder if any
At Large member is a member of the At Large Study committee. As an At
Large member, I feel like a native american whose future is being
decided by a committee of nine WASP persons (just to put it the
American way, if you like it).

Ciaô ne,

--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.