Re: [icann-eu] ccTLD news in Italy

What V. Bertola wote is effectively an incredible situation we are
approaching in Italy. It seems like we are going into a dark period of time
in wich, the comparison can be made between italian way to manage the ccTLD
and the chinese commission of the internet.
I don't know if this will really happen, but right now there's not much we
can do.
(Just think about the fact that the fine to be paid is around 10.000$ -
30.000$).
We would call the whole net comunity to help this incredible situation, but
I think it's a no-way-out point.

What can be done if an EU government goes so deeply into managing the
internet resource?So differently form any other EU government? In principle
contrasting the whole approach of e-Europe Commission for the Internet. Can
we expect other EU states to move their hands so deeply into the Internet?
Would it be reasonable an intervention of the ICANN GAC?
I don't know the answer, and I also don't know if there's any. But if you
happen to think about something that can be handy to prohibit such an abuse
you can contact us.

PS: I hope I was not too OT. but it's an EU government so there's should be
not any problem.