[icann-eu] Congratulations to Andy Mueller-Maguhn

This list has been silent for (too?) long. So, please, forgive me for
a message that is perhaps silly. I would like to congratulate the
European AtLarge Director for his performance today during the ICANN
Board meeting.

He was the only one who abstained in the vote to approve minutes of an
earlier meeting, that later turned out not to exist. He admitted he
did not read them... The others, well, they approved what did not
exist. I couldn't resist a smile at the thought that this is what
ICANN is too often about: approving what does not exist (and ignoring
what does...).

Though his other actions during this Board meeting may not have
resulted in any concrete results, some issues have been publicly
raised. I think this is good. The issues are important: Individual
Domain Name Owners representation, At Large members reach out. Maybe
we can revive the last issue on this list and organize somewhat to let
our voice be heard 'bottom up'? I did not get the impression that we
should expect much from ICANN in this regard. They are afraid it might
clog up their mailserver. Mchchch.

Marc Schneiders