[icann-europe] Decentralised root

Watch out this is purely hypothetical and perhaps even stupid

Couldn't geographic positions be used as adresses?
I know it means changing transport protocols and domain name servers, but
then the route could be more direct.
In such way, I think, a central switchboard doesnt necesarily need to be a
switchboard at a central place of the earth.
Only domain names should be registered centrally in each community centre
and checked against one of the global databases of names. Each country and
even city could have their own. Synchronisation would be done in aggreement
with the immediate sinchronisation partner and could be done continuously.
Who is first will overwrite other databases. automatically and thereafter
can't be changed.
Any domain name could then be possible as long as it hasn't been choosen
somewhere first.
The only thing you need for security is a stamp from a local authority.