[icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] Re: [icann-europe] European Root Server System

Christian and all,

Christian de Larrinaga wrote:

> The Root servers are assigned to where there is most traffic flow.
>
> Increase your traffic flow locally and you increase the likelyhood of having
> local root servers.  If you want an A root delegation then we have to see
> ccTLD's and ICANN come to terms as a first precondition.
>
> If we split into separate roots then we split the internet, increase
> security risks and lose universality.

  Actually the opposite is true Christian.  With S-Roots (Shared Root)
you have increased security and no single point of failure as well.
Same is true with Shared Registries for DNS.  Some 800+ name
servers are already running one of another version of "Shared Roots"
with modified Bind now from my last count..  We also already have
Inclusive and Competitive Registries such as ORSC which has been
around for several years now and can be linked in on Shared
Roots at any time...

> So a bad idea for europe, africa asia
> and americas including the Pentagon.
>
> Christian de Larrinaga

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827