[atlarge-discuss] Globalization/Membership

I hate the idea of losing cultures.  But I love the idea of bringing
people up to standards that increase their well being.  It is a
nightmare being in a job that requires balancing the two.  I cannot do
it but I try.
We need well balanced universal diets for all our children but I hate
losing the wonderful cultural diets that end up with malnutrition.

Membership must balance individual needs and cultural diversity with a
standardized protocol for reliability and acceptability for all.
Openness must not be the tyrannical master of security and visa versa.

Creating true openness and transparency and a smooth apparatus for
change as needed are the most important qualities that our gifted
leadership can build into any model they chose.

I trust they will do well.

Sincerely,
Eric