Re: [atlarge-discuss] Trying to broaden a Mission Statement

A mission statement should be an outline for the founding protocol.

So there must be hard questions asked;

To what extent are we open?
To what extent are we closed?
Why do we really exist? (no I do not mean that existentially)

How may we do the most good?

And to get to all of these we must care as to who gives a damn.

Surfing the net is a great term if you actually surf.  This morning at 5:30 am I was crushed by a
wave. I got in way to far and over my head and the wave taught me a lesson.  Funny but they just
closed that beach due to pollution. Runoff and therefor oil and bacteria. "I capture a spark of
its brilliance and its grand anarchy"

We must be careful not to draw plans so controlling that it stifles growth and our controlled
anarchy.
Whether I am surfing or skiing or accidentally falling from a perfectly good plane or stern
firsting through a major Colorado River Rapid or dying of cancer we maintain a control factor.
That my friends is a mission statement.  Only enough to control ongoing disaster. Never restrain
creativity and ability for the sake of a rule.

Sincerely,
Eric