Re: [atlarge-discuss] role of voting

Joanna and all stakeholders or interested parties,

  I could not agree more with you conclusion here Joanna...

  To me, your conclusion points out clearly why I, and I am
sure others, now feel that Thomas is unfit to serve as chair,
and is possibly not a good choice as the hoster of this list...

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > From: James Love [mailto:james.love@cptech.org]
>  ><snip> He [TR] has insisted that I keep him informed of all
> > contracts with
> > the press on the GA vote, and has his own running commentary on my own
> > non-GA posts on his web log.
>
> How dare the GA Chair *insist* that all members of the GA keep him informed
> of their contacts with the press, or has he singled out Jamie Love for
> special treatment? Even if Thomas Roessler has never heard of the First
> Amendment, (which I doubt), it shows extremely poor judgment to try to crush
> outreach in this issue in this way, not to mention the Chair has zero
> authority to unilaterally dictate Outreach Policies on behalf of the General
> Assembly. This is not a personal attack, it's an observation of abuse of
> power as well as a flag. Those who engage in crushing the dissemination of
> information to the general public through normal reporting channels by
> intimidation do not deserve to hold office, IMHO.
> Regards,
> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827