Re: [atlarge-discuss] role of voting

On 2002-05-28 17:29:48 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:

>How dare the GA Chair *insist* that all members of the GA keep him
>informed of their contacts with the press, or has he singled out
>Jamie Love for special treatment?

I asked for something which I consider a matter of courtesy and fair
play: That I get a copy of possible press releases (back then, I
suspected that one had been made; this suspicion turned out to be
wrong) concerning a vote of the GA at the same time as such press
releases are made.

>Even if Thomas Roessler has never heard of the First Amendment,
>(which I doubt), it shows extremely poor judgment to try to crush
>outreach in this issue in this way, not to mention the Chair has
>zero authority to unilaterally dictate Outreach Policies on behalf
>of the General Assembly. This is not a personal attack, it's an
>observation of abuse of power as well as a flag.

Garbage.

By the way, may I suggest that you move this discussion to the GA
itself?

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>