Re: [atlarge-discuss] Outreach : brainstorming ideas and looking for responses

On Jun 15, Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
[snip]

As a real newbie I suggest you to breath deeply before reading my
suggestions and be kind while replying :)
Imho the very big problem about increasing membership is the language.
I know, everybody should be able to understand written English and also
use it to express his ideas, but this is not already working in many
non English-speaking countries and when you have to use your free time
for something it's tiring to have to read lots of mails in English and
answer to them. I know that there are already local structures, but none
of them are related to "common" users and keep in touch with them.
So my idea is to start telling around, in the single countries, about
At-Large and ICANN and all what's going on, with banners on personal
web-sites, signatures used on others MLs and newsgroups. We also should
organize web-sites and MLs in the local language, or use the existing
ones, that now are completely unknown.
This steps will need groups of people working together for their country,
but only to start the "spamming" I think that we can organize ourselves
without always referring to this ML for every single action, because
discussions are often long and they could represent a waste of time.
Maybe it could be a good idea to star traslating the web-sites, after
that working groups can be organized, I hope that they will start to
work together "naturally", without actions from the "top".

Thanks for reading, I'm just a little sad after seeing the match in
Korea :(

ciau,
Elena Grassi