Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [nc-transfer] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] WLS proposal

Eray and all,

Eray Ozkural wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 June 2002 06:46, Don Brown wrote:
> >
> > Frankly, I do not advocate, taking any freedoms (including inspecting
> > the WhoIs database) away from anyone.  On that point, I don't foresee
> > that we'll see eye to eye.
>
> Is it a freedom to be able to look up a person's phone number and address from
> a global database? I doubt that.

  No it is not if they have opted out and signed a release to do so or have
their Name, personal and private physical address listed, and private Phone
Number listed in any such a database in my country.  I believe this is
true in most EU countries as well...

  But this is decidedly NOT what we are considering in this thread.
What we ARE considering in this thread is should it be made law
that a registrant must provide their private and personal  Physical address
Phone number and/or Fax Number, in order to register a Domain
name and have the information in the Whois database... ????

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
> Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
> www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza
> GPG public key fingerprint: 360C 852F 88B0 A745 F31B  EA0F 7C07 AE16 874D 539C

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827