RE: [atlarge-discuss] Resignation

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>My idea, again, is that to set up elections you first have to determine how
>you will keep such elections. So we have to WORK to get elections
>PRACTICALLY done, rather than complain about them not happening.

Reasonable.  But we need to be practically fast to meet our deadline,
basically a month from now! :)
Let me know if there is anything I can do by "remote control" here in
Portland.

>However, in the last week I had to co-organize and participate to a panel
>discussion in Rome, where the future of ICANN was the central matter, and
>where we obtained press coverage for the matter and we could talk with our
>Communications Minister's advisors - and given that our Communication
>Minister was about to define EU's position on ICANN reform in a few days, I
>think it was good to push for user representation.

I totally agree!  Anytime we can get our group into the public conciousness
in any way it's worth the effort!

> . . . and by the way, I even have a job.

Don't we all!  Mine has been keeping me away from this forum too much
lately!

>I really ask Jamie to think again, and perhaps in Bucharest we can meet and
>set up practicalities in two days and call for elections immediately.

I hope so.

> . . . now we need all people to work together in the same direction and
>to trust each other, and not to end up in flames.

Well said!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info