RE: [atlarge-discuss] Resignation

Jan Siren wrote:

>It is incumbent upon those of the Interim Panel who plan to attend the
>Bucharest meeting to (briefly) state here (or on the website) for the
record,
>how their attendance there will move the organization forward.

I agree in spirit.

However, a face-to-face meeting can be a better forum to facilitate working
together towards a goal than e-mail!  Vittorio stated his intent to use this
meeting in part for that effort, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of
the doubt and hope for good things to come from it!

And I also agree with Sotiris that having representatives in Bucharest to
"show the At Large flag" is also important, and may gather us valuable
allies in governments or the press that we would not gain otherwise.
Although secondary to elections, such contacts will be invaluable to our
outreach efforts later, and a meeting such a Bucharest, that gathers in the
collective Internet community to one location, is too good a chance to pass
up, and we don't control its timing.  So I fully support us having panel
members there.  They're the closest thing we have to organization officers
right now.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info