[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Fraud charges filed against WorldCom - Is Vinton Cerf involved?

Steven and all assembly members,

  Well here is some more for you Steven.  Read it and weep for
the small business person on the internet.  Read it and spout your
visceral nonsense is support for the COB, Vint Cerf and Worldcom
employees which will now be loosing their jobs because their
leadership just screwed them.  Read it, and understand that
this is just the tip of the iceberg.  More to come soon...
See: http://www.msnbc.com/news/772748.asp

  Ohhhh yes, poor Vint Cerf, crying all the way to the bank, eh?
Yeah right!  Get a grip Steven!

Steven Heath wrote:

> Leah Gallegos [mailto:jandl@jandl.com] did say:
> > I really think that was uncalled for, Jeff.  Having read
> > articles about
> > these "loans," I saw no mention of Vint Cerf anywhere, nor would I
> > expect to see his name associated with this case.  I think it is
> > irresponsible to post using his name in the subject line and
> > raising a
> > redd herring needlessly.  It is bad enough that WorldCom is
> > the subject.
>
> I too am disgusted that someone would even think of this let alone raise it
> on the GA list.
>
> The issue, as far as I can tell, is about moving operation expenses to
> capital accounts (thus spreading these costs over a number of years and thus
> reduce the impact of these costs in that period via deprecation).
>
> Lets let the various enforcement agencies to their work and let the
> employees carry on with their work and not have people cast these aspersive
> remarks.
>
> I think an apology to Vint is in order esp. in these troubled times of both
> ICANN and his employer.
>
> Steven Heath
>
> PS I snipped the original Jeff Williams post which Leah responded to as I
> felt no need to further pollute the list archive with those comments.
>
> --

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827