[atlarge-discuss] Re[2]: [ga] Fraud charges filed against WorldCom - Is Vinton Cerf involved?

Hello Jeff,

JW>   Well here is some more for you Steven.  Read it and weep for
JW> the small business person on the internet.  Read it and spout your
JW> visceral nonsense is support for the COB, Vint Cerf and Worldcom
JW> employees which will now be loosing their jobs because their
JW> leadership just screwed them.  Read it, and understand that
JW> this is just the tip of the iceberg.  More to come soon...
JW> See: http://www.msnbc.com/news/772748.asp

JW>   Ohhhh yes, poor Vint Cerf, crying all the way to the bank, eh?
JW> Yeah right!  Get a grip Steven!

I don't think anyone is denying that the WorldCom problem is a serious
problem.  People all over the world have been discussing in great
detail, and certainly WorldCom's future should be of great concern to
those involved with the Internet.

I think Steven is pointing out, that no where have you pointed out
that Vint was involved with the accounting practices, and I imagine
you will not be able to find any evidence to support this ludicrous
claim -- it certainly is not in the article mentioned above.

The problems WorldCom faces are accounting problems -- and Vint, being
on the technical side of the company would have had no input into
these types of practices.  Furthermore, over the last 30+ Vint has
repeatedly proven himself to be capable, honest, and intelligent in
his dealings with the Internet community.  Qualities which I am sure
he practices in his business life as well.

Certainly things are looking bad for WorldCom, and WorldCom employees,
and there is a strong argument to be made that WorldCom employees were
betrayed by some of their leaders.  But saying that all WorldCom
leaders are corrupt is a ridiculous statement, and one that you have
no evidence to back up -- again, at least none that you have presented
to this forum.

So, the answer to the question in the subject of your message is
simply: No.  Vint Cerf is not involved in the fraud committed by
some WorldCom leaders.

allan
--
allan