[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Fraud charges filed against WorldCom - Is Vinton Cerf involved?

Allan and all assembly members,

Allan Liska wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> Thursday, June 27, 2002, 1:54:23 AM, you wrote:
>
> JW>   Well here is some more for you Steven.  Read it and weep for
> JW> the small business person on the internet.  Read it and spout your
> JW> visceral nonsense is support for the COB, Vint Cerf and Worldcom
> JW> employees which will now be loosing their jobs because their
> JW> leadership just screwed them.  Read it, and understand that
> JW> this is just the tip of the iceberg.  More to come soon...
> JW> See: http://www.msnbc.com/news/772748.asp
>
> JW>   Ohhhh yes, poor Vint Cerf, crying all the way to the bank, eh?
> JW> Yeah right!  Get a grip Steven!
>
> I don't think anyone is denying that the WorldCom problem is a serious
> problem.  People all over the world have been discussing in great
> detail, and certainly WorldCom's future should be of great concern to
> those involved with the Internet.

  Indeed it is as it should be.  That is part of the point I am making
here.
Vint can't legitimately claim ignorance.  He knows it and I know it.
Perhaps you don't.  That is of course ignorance of known history
for you...

> I think Steven is pointing out, that no where have you pointed out
> that Vint was involved with the accounting practices, and I imagine
> you will not be able to find any evidence to support this ludicrous
> claim -- it certainly is not in the article mentioned above.

  Yes, I believe I have in what I pointed to.  Read it much more
carefully especially at the bottom of the article... Also see
the SEC filing and the long and growing list of Plaintiffs,
as well as the history of the Domain-Policy list archives
regarding the GIP www.gip.org and you will see it clearly..
If not, than I don't know what else to tell you...

> The problems WorldCom faces are accounting problems -- and Vint, being
> on the technical side of the company would have had no input into
> these types of practices.

  Nope!  It is not JUST financial problems.  Again you obviously have
not yet read the SEC filing closely or do not understand it...

>  Furthermore, over the last 30+ Vint has
> repeatedly proven himself to be capable, honest, and intelligent in
> his dealings with the Internet community.

  Up until 1996, I would have to agree with you here.  From 1996
onward, I don't and I have repeatedly provided that information
publicly.  So it is not like it is a secret of anything...

>  Qualities which I am sure
> he practices in his business life as well.

  Maybe so at one time.  But I am not so sure about that now or
sense 1996.

> Certainly things are looking bad for WorldCom, and WorldCom employees,
> and there is a strong argument to be made that WorldCom employees were
> betrayed by some of their leaders.

  Yes, it seems by almost ALL of their leaders.  That says allot for
the choices of leadership doesn't it.  I also reflects indirectly, if not
directly upon Vint.

>  But saying that all WorldCom
> leaders are corrupt is a ridiculous statement, and one that you have
> no evidence to back up -- again, at least none that you have presented
> to this forum.

  See archives from April and May of this forum.  See archives,
if you can obtain them from the old Domain-Policy list.

> So, the answer to the question in the subject of your message is
> simply: No.  Vint Cerf is not involved in the fraud committed by
> some WorldCom leaders.

  Oh?  Well I think time will soon tell.

> allan
> --
> allan
> allan@allan.org
> http://www.allan.org

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827