Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] The Seventh Member of the Panel

Vittorio and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:28:55 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I already wrote to Jamie privately and asked him to retract his resignation.  He has not replied yet.
>
> We have asked him to do so many times here, but never got any sign that this
> is going to happen. This is why we then passed to thinking at how the panel
> should be completed.

  Completed?  Not sure what you mean here Vittorio?  Can
you elaborate?

> As for the rest, one of the participants to the meeting on Tuesday made a
> proposal which was found reasonable by all people there: let's work out a
> schedule up to Shanghai, starting from the dates of the Shanghai meeting and
> going backwards, so that we ensure that we have the Bylaws and the new panel
> ready with reasonable advance to that.

  Wasn't something similar suggested for the Bucharest?

> So we will try to work out one or
> more proposals of schedule in the next hours and then share them with all of
> you.

  That would be a great idea...

> Also, we need to find a new person in charge of setting up the next
> elections, after Jamie decided to stop working on that. I have asked the
> other panel members if they want to take this responsibility - no answer
> yet. So I am extending this call to all our members. Is there anyone who
> wants to work on actually setting up the next elections?

  Setting up elections is not that difficult to do.  There are a number
of Online Voting facitlites/software packages that one can deploy.
I have mentioned a few on a number of occasions.  So I would again
be happy to volunteer to get this accomplished.

> --
> .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
> Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220
> Vitaminic [The Music Evolution] - Vice President for Technology
>
> DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
> addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
> Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
> immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827