[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] action points

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> This is a short summary of what we agreed to do today.
>
> Jamie will withdraw his resignations so there is no need to replace him any
> more.
>
> We will have elections by July 27. Izumi and I have talked with Elisabeth
> Porteneuve who accepted to supply the system and the technical work to set
> it up. This morning Joanna Lane, via IRC, told me that she accepts to be the
> watchdog for these elections. It might be good to find a second watchdog to
> help her (perhaps Bret or Alexander again?), but we can start with her. I
> will act as contact point for her with the panel.
>
> This is a tentative schedule I've just worked out:
>
> July 1     (Mon)        official announce sent to the announce list
> July 16    (Tue)        deadline for nominations and voter registration
> July 18    (Thu)        official slate of candidates published
> July 19    (Fri)        ballots sent to all voters
> July 21-25 (Sun-Thu)    voting period
> July 29    (Mon)        results announced

I recommend shortening the nomination period by one day (making it an even two
weeks with week 1 as the nominations phase and week 2 as the acceptance phase).
Then we can add one day to the voting period making it Sat-Thu.

> Please let's agree a schedule now, as I want to prepare the official charter
> for these elections, which I will do by altering the previous one with the
> new dates and a new mandate equal to the previous one but with 1 year of
> validity for the panel. Ok?
>
> I'm asking Joop to be ready with the website - however it seems he's not so
> responsive lately and we don't have the passwords yet. We need it at least
> to export the updated membership list on July 16. I'm waiting for an answer
> from him and I'll let you know.
>
> We have a big problem: we have to be sure that there will be enough
> participation and a sufficient number of candidates. In the first elections
> it was necessary to enhance the nomination period by one week to get enough
> candidates. Also I recommend we all do some outreach in the next two weeks
> if possible (Izumi agreed to take care of this, for example).

We have 800+ members already, more than we had for the first election.  I am
skeptical of the sort of "outreach" Izumi is planning, I expect *full*
submissions and outlines of ANY outreach activity proposed/enacted by Izumi.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos