Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] AW: RE: Mission Statement

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:40:14 +0100, you wrote:

>I respect all your efforts, Wolfgang, but on this issue I personally think
>it should be the oher way round. We should first define our Mission as it
>exists OUTSIDE Icann, and only as a secondary and subordinate should we
>consider a sub-clause of the Misson Statement which refers to Icann.

You might do this, but I think that you should first solve an issue: if you
are building a generic "individual user organization", for which
participating in ICANN is only one of many possible activities, you are
going to lose your specific place on the scene, and compete with, for
example, the Internet Society, or perhaps even the EFF, or many other user
organizations at all levels. So you should be sure of where are you going to
position yourself, as I feel the need of an open and bottom-up user
organization involved in ICANN or in any other thing that might replace it
(so you might limit your mission to the specific matters ICANN currently
administers, rather than to ICANN itself), but I don't feel the need of yet
another Internet user organization in general.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.