RE: [atlarge-discuss] first question to all candidates

A call from the antipodeans... and from one who has only EVER managed to
remotely attend ICANN Meetings (lucky I'm self employed AND a night owl!)
the suggestion from Danny that...

".>all votes should be cast during an actual meeting
> which could
> easily be run on an IRC chanel (if funds are not available for a
> teleconference situation).  Should a panelist not be able to
> attend such a
> meeting, they can always submit their proxy to another.  Meeting
> times should
> be rotated so as not to constantly disadvantage the Asia-Pacific region.
> Meetings should be scheduled at regularly set intervals with agendas
> published well in advance of such meetings and an IRC log could
> readily be
> maintained for the sake of transparency (otherwise, minutes would
> need to be
> published for the benefit of the broader membership)."

has my absolute endorsement...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(who tend to lurk on the list, rather than be active, is a Director of
ISOC-AU with the DNS and 'ICANN watch' brief; is a Member (Demand Class) of
auDA and sits on most of our DNS and DNI policy panels etc.etc.etc.