Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

----- Original Message -----
From: <DannyYounger@cs.com>
To: <izumi@anr.org>; <vb@vitaminic.net>
Cc: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

>The power of the US Congress might be the
> last bastion of hope for any chance at ever seeing an At-Large director
once
> again on the Board.  Don't discount that option prematurely to your
detriment.

Speaking of such . . .

Senator Conrad Burns of Montana is a very outspoken critic of ICANN. Has
anyone analyzed his postion in regards to our concerns? Is anyone in contact
with him?

With respect to Vittorio and Izumi, I believe Danny is correct in that the
US Congress has the power to reel in ICANN's illegitimate power. The million
dollar question now, however, is how much power will the Congress try to
reel in?

In short, we really can't count out the role and influence that the US
Congress has in the (non)future of ICANN and AtLarge.

James
jveillo@bellsouth.net