[Fwd: Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:42:03 -0600
From: "l.corazon" <l.corazon@prodigy.net>
To: jv <jveillo@bellsouth.net>

James and all participants:
Looking to the U.S. Congress to chastise or correct ICANN  is like
looking to the tobacco companies to cure smoking. Republics  are
notorious at getting into  regulation and then creating terrible messes
that are very hard to clean up. Look what they did for the pole
climbers, television and radio.
Television became a lost promise fifty years ago when the F.C.C. froze
technology and we do not need a repeat of that, par touts  thank you.
Many governments would love to regulate the root directory. Singapore,
South Africa and China would jump if the U.S. looked like it would take
over and Dr. Lynn would have served his master's purpose.
I fear we must work this out without the aid of any government. Rather
rely on common sense, transparency, authentic democracy discipline and
sound technology.
Cordley Coit