[atlarge-discuss] Regions

At 19.07.2002 13:14, Joanna Lane wrote:
>Jefsey,
>The problem with this idea is no criteria has been agreed, and it's not as
>clear cut as you think. If you ask each candidate to state their region, I
>would have to ask to be listed in two - Europe (nationality) and N. America
>(residence).

In the first elections, we have followed the rule that
people who are *citizens* of a specific country are
listed in that region. Since the elections rules refer
to the regions (in case of a tie), people have to
be grouped in *one* region.

(I'm well aware that in some cases, people may feel
more attached to the country they live in, but that
could also be the reverse if the rule were to be
reversed.)

Best regards,
/// Alexander