Re: [atlarge-discuss] REMINDER: VOTE ENDS SUNDAY

Joanna and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Didn't the DNSO GA secretariat let all the ICANNATLARGE.COM
me know that a vote was pending and in addition, send out ballots?
I believe she did.  Weren't you one of the members, Joanna that
pushed hard for the DNSO GA to "Manage" this election despite
some members misgivings?  Yes, I believe you were.  So, now
that Joop has suggested that the DNSO Secretariat remind the
members of the vote, you are seemingly chastising Joop for doing
so.   Hummmm?  To me that sounds somewhat odd...

  To me anyway, I think Joops suggestion of the secretariat
again reminding the members that an election is in process
and they need to get their ballots in, is a good thing...

  Tell us all something, can we expect more of this from you in the
future?  Mercy, I hope not.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Joop wrote:-
> >
> > Thank you for this reminder. It occurs to me, though, that this
> > 8.2% of the
> > voters on this list here probably needs this reminder less than all the
> > other voters.
> > Because of Northern Hemishere holidays, many will find their ballot email
> > buried under tons of mail and spam.
> >
> > Would it be possible to ask Elisabeth to send out this critical
> > reminder to
> > all voters? (My reminder to the announce list reached only about 77%)
> >

> > --Joop
>
> Joop,
> Didn't you do this already? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you just spammed
> the whole membership without any prior approval from the Interim Panel (who
> I would remind you are still in power for the time being) and justified this
> in part by stating you had enclosed a helpful reminder to the electorate to
> vote.
>
> Now, apparently, you are asking Alexander, who holds absolutely no authority
> save as a Watchdog, to ask Elisabeth, who holds absolutely no authority save
> as as Secretariat, to email the membership without prior approval of the
> Steering Committee, compounding your error.
>
> As Jamie has said, if you believe in democracy, you have to accept the
> results, including whatever failings may result, but as it happnes, there is
> nothing to fear. We are privileged to have so many quality candidates
> standing and I believe the voters will pick wisely. Have some faith in
> democracy.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827