Re: [atlarge-discuss] Point of personal privilege -- I'm being disenfranchised by glitches in the system!

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 04:45:15PM -0400, starwalker@starwalker.org wrote:
> Sunday, August 04, 2002 * 3:48 PM EDT USA
>
> With guarded reluctance I will accept your apology to Judyth as my own. It
> is not my intention to “beat” you up.
>
> Presently I do not see much hope for at-large out of this body. It appears
> hyper focused on form and rules to the distraction from and detraction of
> purpose, content and action.
>
> This rule bound election is but one shining example. I ask you, which was
> more important: having voter registration cut-off or having interested
> people vote?
>
> /s/ Joe Bordo
> starwalker@starwalker.org

Don't let the destroyers of the At-Large win.

Purpose, content, and action come from the people who choose to participate.

The panel is important, but at this stage the most important thing is what
*you* do, how you contribute. That will be much, much, more meaningfull than
who is chosen to this new panel.

Eleven elected panel members are not going to get on their horses and ride
off to save the world.

What they *can do is try, with your help, to put together a place, a framework,
to support the efforts of many, many people.

To make sure that folks who want to participate aren't disenfranchised,
ever again.

David Schutt